Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Colorado Springs organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Colorado Springs, Colorado organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Colorado Springs, Colorado business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.