Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Knoxville organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Knoxville, Tennessee businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Knoxville, Tennessee business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.