Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Knoxville company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Knoxville, Tennessee organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Knoxville, Tennessee company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.