Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your San Antonio company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist San Antonio, Texas businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your San Antonio, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.