Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your San Diego company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help San Diego, California organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your San Diego, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.