Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your San Francisco organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help San Francisco, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your San Francisco, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.