Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Vancouver organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Vancouver, British Columbia organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Vancouver, British Columbia company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.