Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Anchorage organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Anchorage, Alaska organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company PBX system to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that allows remote workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable online support for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your current Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home staff members typically use their own computers and often work in an unsecured physical area. This increases their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough end-user education, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of data security solutions experts can assist your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical IT resources in environments that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to identify zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to verify your identity on a unit that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this added means of authentication such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register several verification devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for securing a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from experts familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Anchorage, Alaska business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.