Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Anchorage company to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Anchorage, Alaska businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your current Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home workers typically use their personal computing devices and usually operate in an unsecured physical area. This situation multiplies their susceptibility to cyber threats and requires careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough end-user education, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of IT security solutions experts can help you to plan, configure and manage a compliant security solution that protects vital IT resources in networks that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you log into a secured application and give your password you are requested to confirm your identity on a device that only you have and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A broad selection of devices can be utilized as this added form of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about critical areas to concentrate on for securing a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Anchorage, Alaska company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.