Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Anchorage organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Anchorage, Alaska businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone system to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that protects critical data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Anchorage, Alaska organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.