Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Anchorage organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Anchorage, Alaska companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your existing Support Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that protects vital information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Anchorage, Alaska organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.