Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Anchorage organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Anchorage, Alaska businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your current Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home workers commonly utilize their own computers and usually operate in an unsecured physical space. This situation increases their susceptibility to cyber attacks and requires judicious configuration of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user education, and the creation of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran team of data security solutions consultants can assist you to plan, implement and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical IT resources in environments that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a protected online account and enter your password you are asked to verify who you are via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this second means of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several verification devices. For more information about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper describing critical things to concentrate on for securing a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Anchorage, Alaska business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.