Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Anchorage organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Anchorage, Alaska businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the business phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your current Support Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate scenarios that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Anchorage, Alaska organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.