Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Anchorage company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Anchorage, Alaska businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes may require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company phone system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or edit the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collective support model based on the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers often run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects critical data in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Anchorage, Alaska business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.