Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Brooklyn company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Brooklyn, New York organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX system to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that allows remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your current Call Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards sensitive information in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision circumstances that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Brooklyn, New York business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.