Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Brooklyn organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Brooklyn, New York companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise their active tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows you to supplement your current Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Brooklyn, New York company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.