Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Brooklyn organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Brooklyn, New York organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables remote workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your current Support Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your organization to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards vital information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Brooklyn, New York company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.