Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Brooklyn organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Brooklyn, New York companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the company phone system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that enables remote workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or update the status of their active tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home staff members commonly utilize their own computers and usually operate in a poorly secured physical environment. This multiplies their vulnerability to malware attacks and calls for careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough end-user education, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of IT security solutions consultants can help you to plan, implement and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects vital IT resources in environments that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you possess and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized for this added means of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. To find out more about Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Brooklyn, New York organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.