Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Cheyenne company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Cheyenne, Wyoming companies to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone system to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide online deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or update the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your current Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects vital information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, go to Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Cheyenne, Wyoming company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.