Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Cheyenne company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Cheyenne, Wyoming companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that enables remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update the status of their current tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home employees typically utilize their own devices and usually work in a poorly secured physical area. This situation increases their susceptibility to cyber threats and calls for careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, extensive user education, and the development of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security support experts can assist you to plan, configure and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that guards critical IT assets in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a secured application and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this second means of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple verification devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper about critical things to focus on for securing an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to hardware issues, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Cheyenne, Wyoming organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.