Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Cheyenne organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Cheyenne, Wyoming organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Line-of-business applications may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that permits remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit their active tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help you to design, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that guards vital data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Cheyenne, Wyoming organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.