Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Cheyenne company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Cheyenne, Wyoming businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or edit their active tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Cheyenne, Wyoming business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.