Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Cheyenne company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Cheyenne, Wyoming companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that permits remote workers to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or revise the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your current Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Cheyenne, Wyoming company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.