Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Cheyenne company to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Cheyenne, Wyoming companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support model based on the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) employees typically utilize their personal devices and often work in a poorly secured physical area. This situation multiplies their susceptibility to malware attacks and calls for careful deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user training, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity support consultants can assist your business to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that guards critical information resources in environments that include an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables one-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With 2FA, when you log into a secured application and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are on a unit that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A wide selection of devices can be used for this second means of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. To learn more about Duo identity validation services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment
To read or download a white paper about critical things to focus on for securing a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, operator error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Cheyenne, Wyoming company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.