Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Cheyenne organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Cheyenne, Wyoming businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that enables remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or update their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that protects sensitive data in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your operations and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Cheyenne, Wyoming organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.