Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Fresno company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Fresno, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers commonly use their own devices and often work in a poorly secured physical space. This multiplies their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the development of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security solutions experts can assist you to plan, configure and maintain an effective security solution that protects vital information resources in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, when you sign into a secured application and enter your password you are asked to confirm who you are on a device that only you have and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used for this second means of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may register several verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper describing key things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Fresno, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.