Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Fresno organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Fresno, California businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows at-home workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or update their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help you to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects sensitive information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Fresno, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.