Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Fresno organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Fresno, California companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that allows remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or update their active tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to augment your existing Help Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the leading PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a modern security solution that protects sensitive data in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that require a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Fresno, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.