Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Fresno organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Fresno, California companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to expand your existing Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that safeguards sensitive data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Fresno, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.