Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Fresno company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Fresno, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables remote workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to augment your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home workers commonly use their own devices and often operate in an unsecured physical area. This multiplies their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the development of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of cybersecurity solutions experts can assist you to design, deploy and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical information resources in environments that incorporate telecommuters.
Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity verification with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, when you sign into a secured online account and enter your password you are requested to confirm who you are on a unit that only you possess and that uses a separate network channel. A broad selection of devices can be used as this added means of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can register several verification devices. To find out more about Duo identity validation services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing key areas to focus on for protecting an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Fresno, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.