Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Lima company to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Lima, #(state) organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that allows remote workers to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or update their current tickets, add details, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Support Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
At-home employees commonly utilize their own computing devices and usually operate in a poorly secured physical area. This multiplies their susceptibility to malware attacks and calls for judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, extensive end-user education, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security solutions experts can assist your business to design, deploy and maintain an effective security solution that protects vital information assets in networks that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to identify new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity verification with iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are asked to verify who you are on a unit that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized for this added form of authentication including an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several validation devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo identity validation services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper describing critical areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Lima, #(state) business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.