Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Lima company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Lima, #(state) businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that enables remote workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or edit their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers typically use their personal computers and often operate in an unsecured physical environment. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to malware threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the development of policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security support experts can help you to design, configure and maintain an effective security solution that guards vital IT assets in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA Service Plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity verification with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a unit that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this added means of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can designate several validation devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Pentest Platform is a breakthrough penetration test (pentest) product family that supports automated testing of your at-home environment and your internal and perimeter networks so you can find, rank, remediate, and confirm cybersecurity weaknesses before threat actors can take advantage of them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to use NodeZero to perform thorough pentests of your perimeter and your internal network in order to determine your present security profile. Progent's NodeZero experts can also assist you to harden your existing network security and can assist you to plan and implement a cohesive cybersecurity ecosystem that simplifies management and delivers maximum cyber defense for on-premises, multi-cloud, at-home, and perimeter IT resources. To find out additional information about Progent's threat assessment solutions based on on NodeZero's penetration test platform, see Consulting Services for NodeZero's Pentest Platform.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper about critical things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Lima, #(state) company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.