Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Lima company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Lima, #(state) organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables you to augment your existing Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that guards vital information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and enter your password you are asked to confirm your identity via a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of devices can be used as this added form of ID validation such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may register several validation devices. For details about ProSight Duo identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Lima, #(state) organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.