Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Lima organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Lima, #(state) companies to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers often run their own equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your company to design, deploy and administer a modern security environment that guards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to hardware issues, programming glitches, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Lima, #(state) organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.