Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Lima organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Lima, #(state) businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home employees commonly use their personal computers and often work in an unsecured physical area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, intensive end-user training, and the creation of policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity support consultants can help you to plan, deploy and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that guards vital information resources in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity verification on iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, when you log into a secured online account and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be used for this second means of ID validation including a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. To learn more about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper about key areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that supports telecommuters, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Lima, #(state) organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.