Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your London organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist London, United Kingdom businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or revise the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your current Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Desk services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help your company to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in networks that include teleworkers.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your London, United Kingdom business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.