Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your London company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist London, United Kingdom companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that permits remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or update the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that protects critical data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your London, United Kingdom business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.