Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your London organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help London, United Kingdom organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables remote workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit their current tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home employees typically use their own devices and usually work in an unsecured physical area. This situation increases their vulnerability to malware threats and calls for careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive user education, and the creation of policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security support experts can assist your business to design, deploy and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects vital IT resources in networks that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify your identity on a unit that only you have and that uses a separate network channel. A broad selection of devices can be used for this added means of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several validation devices. To find out more about Duo identity authentication services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper about critical areas to focus on for protecting a network that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your London, United Kingdom business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.