Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your London organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help London, United Kingdom companies to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, picking appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise their current tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members typically utilize their personal computers and often operate in a poorly secured physical environment. This increases their susceptibility to cyber threats and calls for judicious configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user education, and the development of security policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of data security solutions experts can assist your business to plan, configure and maintain a compliant security solution that guards vital information assets in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity verification with iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected application and give your password you are requested to confirm who you are on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this second form of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home Network
To read or download a white paper describing critical areas to concentrate on for securing a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your London, United Kingdom company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.