Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your London company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist London, United Kingdom companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or edit their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home workers commonly use their personal computers and usually work in a poorly secured physical space. This situation increases their susceptibility to malware threats and requires careful deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the development of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity solutions experts can assist your business to plan, configure and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects vital information resources in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA Service Plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to confirm who you are via a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of devices can be used for this second means of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register several verification devices. To learn more about Duo identity validation services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Penetration Testing Platform is a cutting-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver automated threat assessment of your at-home environment as well as your internal and perimeter networks to help you find, prioritize, remediate, and confirm security weaknesses before malicious hackers can take advantage of them. Progent's pentest experts can assist you to use NodeZero to carry out thorough pentests of your perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to evaluate your current security profile. Progent can also assist you to strengthen your existing network security and can assist you to plan and deploy a unified cybersecurity ecosystem that streamlines management and delivers optimum cyber defense for on-prem, cloud-based, remote, and perimeter IT assets. To find out more details about Progent's threat analysis services powered by on NodeZero's penetration test products, refer to Consulting Support for NodeZero's PEN Test Platform.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper about critical areas to concentrate on for protecting a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your London, United Kingdom company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.