Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Miami organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Miami, Florida businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help you to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Miami, Florida company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.