Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Miami organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Miami, Florida organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone system to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or update the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your current Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home (WFH) workers typically use their own computing devices and usually operate in an unsecured physical space. This situation increases their susceptibility to malware attacks and calls for careful deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive end-user education, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of cybersecurity support consultants can assist you to plan, implement and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects vital information assets in networks that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity verification on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured application and give your password you are asked to verify who you are on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be used for this added form of authentication including a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate multiple validation devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, visit Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for remote workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To read or download a white paper about critical areas to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Miami, Florida business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.