Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Miami company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Miami, Florida organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to design, implement and manage a compliant security environment that protects vital data in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Miami, Florida organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.