Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Miami company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Miami, Florida companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows remote workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or update their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your existing Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Miami, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.