Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Midland organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Midland, Texas organizations to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that permits remote workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a modern security environment that safeguards critical information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Midland, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.