Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Midland organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Midland, Texas businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that allows remote workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your operations and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Midland, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.