Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Midland organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Midland, Texas businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or update the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your current Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical information in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Midland, Texas business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.