Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Montreal company to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Montreal, Quebec organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or update their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to augment your existing Support Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home employees typically utilize their personal computers and often work in an unsecured physical space. This situation increases their susceptibility to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of data security support experts can help you to design, configure and manage an effective security solution that guards critical IT resources in environments that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall integration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With Duo 2FA, when you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to verify your identity on a unit that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized as this second means of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You may designate several validation devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity validation services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To read or download a white paper describing critical areas to concentrate on for protecting a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Montreal, Quebec company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.