Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Montreal organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Montreal, Quebec businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or update their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members commonly use their personal devices and usually operate in an unsecured physical space. This multiplies their susceptibility to malware attacks and requires careful configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, thorough user education, and the creation of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of IT security support experts can assist you to plan, configure and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital information assets in networks that include remote workers.
Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context from SentinelOne to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured online account and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are on a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A broad range of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this second means of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may register multiple verification devices. For details about ProSight Duo identity validation services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To view or download a white paper about critical things to concentrate on for securing a network that supports telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Montreal, Quebec organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.