Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Montreal company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Montreal, Quebec organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or revise their active tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers often run their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards vital data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision scenarios that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Montreal, Quebec business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.