Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Montreal company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Montreal, Quebec businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the business phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that permits at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to design, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards vital information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your operations and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Montreal, Quebec company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.