Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Montreal company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Montreal, Quebec businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your existing Support Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects vital data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Montreal, Quebec company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.