Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Montreal organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Montreal, Quebec companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that guards critical data in IT networks that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you log into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to confirm your identity via a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized for this second form of ID validation including an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. To find out more about Duo two-factor identity authentication services, refer to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Montreal, Quebec business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.