Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Newark company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Newark, New Jersey companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure portals that permits at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards critical information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Newark, New Jersey organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.