Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Newark company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Newark, New Jersey businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your business to design, implement and administer a modern security solution that safeguards critical information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Newark, New Jersey organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.