Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Newark company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Newark, New Jersey companies to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or update their current tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your existing Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects critical data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Newark, New Jersey business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.