Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Newark company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Newark, New Jersey organizations to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and repair integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to track or edit their current tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your existing Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Work-from-Home (WFH) staff members typically utilize their own devices and often operate in a poorly secured physical space. This situation multiplies their susceptibility to malware attacks and calls for judicious configuration of firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive user education, and the development of security policies built on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of data security solutions consultants can assist you to design, deploy and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical information assets in networks that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
Progent's Duo MFA Managed Services utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and enter your password you are requested to verify your identity on a device that only you possess and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad range of devices can be utilized for this added means of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. To find out more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, go to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero Penetration Testing Platform is a cutting-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver autonomous threat assessment of your at-home environment as well as your internal and perimeter networks to help you uncover, rank, fix, and confirm security vulnerabilities before threat actors can take advantage of them. Progent can help you to deploy NodeZero to carry out comprehensive pentests of your network perimeter and your internal IT infrastructure in order to determine your current security posture. Progent can also assist you to harden your network security and can help you to design and deploy a unified cybersecurity strategy that streamlines management and provides maximum cyber defense for on-prem, cloud-based, remote, and perimeter IT resources. To find out additional details about Progent's vulnerability assessment solutions powered by on NodeZero's PEN test platform, visit Consulting Services for NodeZero's PEN Test Platform.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To read or download a white paper about key things to focus on for securing an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that require a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Newark, New Jersey organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.