Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Newark company to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Newark, New Jersey companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the company phone system to include telecommuters is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-edit files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or update their active tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to augment your existing Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards critical data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your processes and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to hardware issues, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Newark, New Jersey organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.