Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Newark company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Newark, New Jersey businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that allows remote workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, go to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Support Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class technical support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home employees typically use their own computing devices and often operate in an unsecured physical area. This increases their susceptibility to cyber threats and requires judicious configuration of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of data security support experts can help your business to design, implement and maintain an effective cybersecurity solution that protects critical IT assets in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to detect new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity verification with Apple iOS, Google Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to confirm your identity on a device that only you have and that is accessed using a different network channel. A wide selection of out-of-band devices can be used for this added form of authentication such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register multiple verification devices. To find out more about Duo identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To read or download a white paper about key areas to focus on for securing a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, software hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Newark, New Jersey company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.