Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Newark company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Newark, New Jersey companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, selecting appropriate service offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your current Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that guards critical information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo MFA service plans incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity verification on iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using Duo 2FA, when you sign into a secured online account and enter your password you are asked to confirm your identity via a device that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized for this second form of ID validation such as an iPhone or Android or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Newark, New Jersey organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.