Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Newark organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Newark, New Jersey businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that protects critical data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Newark, New Jersey business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.