Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Newark organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Newark, New Jersey businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that allows remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Support Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home workers commonly utilize their personal computing devices and usually work in a poorly secured physical area. This situation increases their vulnerability to malware attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, extensive user training, and the development of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity solutions consultants can assist your business to plan, configure and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital information assets in environments that include remote workers.
Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to protect against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to verify who you are on a device that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be used as this second form of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You may designate multiple validation devices. For details about Duo identity authentication services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for teleworkers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To read or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for protecting an IT environment that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, see Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Newark, New Jersey company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.