Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Niterói company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Niterói, Rio de Janeiro companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that permits remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or revise the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your company to design, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that safeguards critical data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Niterói, Rio de Janeiro business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.