Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Niterói company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Niterói, Rio de Janeiro companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftï¿½s collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members commonly use their own computers and often operate in a poorly secured physical space. This situation increases their susceptibility to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, thorough user education, and the development of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran group of cybersecurity support consultants can help you to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical information assets in environments that include remote workers.
Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation on Apple iOS, Android, and other personal devices. With 2FA, whenever you sign into a protected online account and give your password you are requested to verify who you are on a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide selection of devices can be used for this added form of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You can register multiple validation devices. For details about Duo identity validation services, see Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for remote workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper about key things to concentrate on for securing an IT environment that incorporates work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Niterói, Rio de Janeiro company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.