Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Niterói organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Niterói, Rio de Janeiro companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes may require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the business phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or edit the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Work-from-Home staff members commonly utilize their personal devices and often operate in an unsecured physical area. This situation multiplies their vulnerability to malware attacks and requires judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive user training, and the creation of security policies built on best practices. Progent's veteran team of IT security solutions experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects critical IT resources in environments that include telecommuters.
Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning from SentinelOne to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against compromised passwords through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you log into a secured application and give your password you are asked to verify who you are via a device that only you have and that uses a different network channel. A wide selection of devices can be used as this second means of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity validation services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper describing critical things to focus on for protecting an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, go to Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Niterói, Rio de Janeiro organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.