Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Niterói organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Niterói, Rio de Janeiro companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing remote work ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, choosing sensible service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or edit their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your current Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home employees typically utilize their own computers and usually operate in an unsecured physical environment. This situation increases their susceptibility to malware attacks and requires judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, AV tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive end-user education, and the creation of security policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of IT security support consultants can help you to design, implement and manage a compliant security solution that guards critical IT resources in networks that incorporate remote workers.
Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning from SentinelOne to identify new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against stolen passwords through the use of two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo enables single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Google Android, and other out-of-band devices. With Duo 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured application and enter your password you are requested to verify your identity on a unit that only you possess and that uses a separate network channel. A wide selection of devices can be utilized for this added means of authentication such as a smartphone or wearable, a hardware/software token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register multiple verification devices. For details about Duo two-factor identity validation services, refer to Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for remote workers.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Network
To view or download a white paper describing key areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that incorporates telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Niterói, Rio de Janeiro organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.