Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on IT architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Niterói organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Niterói, Rio de Janeiro organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate phone system to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, modern Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist you to design, deploy and manage a compliant security environment that guards vital data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Niterói, Rio de Janeiro company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.