Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Orlando company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Orlando, Florida companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Extending the company PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits remote workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to design, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive data in networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your operations and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, software glitches, user error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Orlando, Florida company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.