Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Orlando organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Orlando, Florida companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that enables remote workers to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update their active tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to augment your existing Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Call Desk support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Work-from-Home workers typically utilize their personal computing devices and usually work in a poorly secured physical area. This situation increases their susceptibility to malware threats and calls for judicious configuration of firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, intensive user training, and the development of security policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned group of cybersecurity solutions consultants can assist you to design, deploy and maintain a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical IT resources in environments that include at-home workers.
Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
Progent's Duo authentication managed services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to defend against password theft by using two-factor authentication. Duo supports single-tap identity confirmation on iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. Using 2FA, when you log into a protected application and enter your password you are requested to confirm who you are via a device that only you have and that uses a separate network channel. A wide range of devices can be utilized for this second means of ID validation including a smartphone or wearable, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You may register multiple validation devices. For more information about ProSight Duo identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for at-home workers.
Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To view or download a white paper about critical things to concentrate on for securing a network that supports work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Orlando, Florida organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.