Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Orlando organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Orlando, Florida businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible service packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced online support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your current Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, implement and manage a modern security environment that safeguards critical information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Orlando, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.