Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Orlando organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Orlando, Florida companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business processes may demand backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that permits remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can assist your company to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Orlando, Florida organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.