Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Orlando company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Orlando, Florida companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is MicrosoftÔŅĹs shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a web browser. Included with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Microsoft 365, formerly branded Office 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests to ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or edit their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers typically utilize their personal computing devices and often operate in an unsecured physical area. This multiplies their susceptibility to malware attacks and requires careful configuration of firewalls, AV tools, multi-factor authentication, remote endpoint monitoring, extensive user education, and the development of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned group of data security solutions experts can help you to design, deploy and maintain a compliant security solution that protects vital IT assets in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology from SentinelOne to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
Progent's Duo MFA services utilize Cisco's Duo cloud technology to protect against password theft through the use of two-factor authentication. Duo supports one-tap identity confirmation with Apple iOS, Android, and other out-of-band devices. With 2FA, whenever you sign into a secured application and enter your password you are asked to confirm your identity via a device that only you possess and that uses a separate network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be utilized as this added form of authentication including an iPhone or Android or watch, a hardware/software token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate multiple validation devices. To learn more about ProSight Duo two-factor identity authentication services, go to Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Network
To view or download a white paper describing critical things to concentrate on for protecting a network that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Orlando, Florida company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.