Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Orlando organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Orlando, Florida businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your existing Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that protects critical data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Orlando, Florida company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.