Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Orlando organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Orlando, Florida businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your business to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that protects vital data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate circumstances that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Orlando, Florida company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.