Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Perth organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Perth, Western Australia companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, formerly called Office 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Call Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home staff members commonly use their personal computers and usually work in an unsecured physical space. This increases their vulnerability to malware threats and requires careful deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, multi-factor authentication, remote monitoring, extensive end-user training, and the creation of security policies built on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of data security solutions consultants can assist your business to plan, implement and maintain an effective security solution that protects vital information resources in environments that incorporate telecommuters.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to identify new threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are offline. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
Progent's Duo MFA Managed Services incorporate Cisco's Duo technology to defend against compromised passwords by using two-factor authentication. Duo enables one-tap identity confirmation with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a secured application and enter your password you are requested to verify who you are via a device that only you have and that uses a different ("out-of-band") network channel. A wide range of out-of-band devices can be used for this second means of authentication such as a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline telephone, etc. You may register multiple validation devices. For more information about Duo identity authentication services, see Cisco Duo MFA two-factor authentication (2FA) services for an at-home workforce.
Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Horizon3.ai's NodeZero PEN Testing Platform is a cutting-edge penetration test (pentest) product family that can deliver autonomous testing of your at-home connectivity solution as well as your internal and perimeter networks so you can find, prioritize, fix, and verify cybersecurity weaknesses before malicious hackers can exploit them. Progent can assist you to use NodeZero to perform comprehensive pentests of your perimeter and your internal network in order to determine your current security profile. Progent's NodeZero experts can also help you to harden your network security and can assist you to plan and implement a unified cybersecurity strategy that streamlines management and delivers maximum cyber defense for on-premises, multi-cloud, remote, and perimeter IT assets. To find out more details about Progent's vulnerability assessment solutions powered by on NodeZero's PEN test platform, visit Consulting Services for NodeZero's Pentest Products.
Download White Paper: Securing a Work-From-Home Environment
To read or download a white paper describing key areas to focus on for securing an IT environment that includes work-from-home staff, click:
Securing a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting critical information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Perth, Western Australia business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.