Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Perth organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Perth, Western Australia businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical processes might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your organization to design, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Perth, Western Australia company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.