Expanding your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Perth company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Perth, Western Australia companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows remote workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft's collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Provided with Office and Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online support for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Microsoft 365, previously branded Office 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or update their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Work-from-Home employees commonly use their own computing devices and often operate in a poorly secured physical area. This multiplies their vulnerability to malware attacks and requires judicious deployment of corporate firewalls, anti-malware tools, MFA-based identity verification, remote monitoring, extensive end-user education, and the development of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of IT security solutions consultants can assist you to design, configure and manage an effective cybersecurity solution that protects vital IT resources in environments that incorporate an at-home workforce.
Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support services.
Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis from SentinelOne to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, reseller, and integrator. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
Progent's Duo authentication service plans utilize Cisco's Duo technology to defend against stolen passwords by using two-factor authentication (2FA). Duo supports single-tap identity verification with iOS, Android, and other personal devices. Using 2FA, whenever you log into a protected online account and give your password you are asked to verify who you are on a unit that only you have and that is accessed using a separate network channel. A broad selection of out-of-band devices can be used as this added means of ID validation including a smartphone or watch, a hardware token, a landline phone, etc. You can designate several verification devices. For more information about Duo two-factor identity validation services, visit Duo MFA two-factor authentication services for telecommuters.
Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Download White Paper: Protecting a Work-From-Home (WFH) Environment
To read or download a white paper about critical areas to focus on for protecting an IT environment that includes telecommuters, click:
Protecting a Work-From-Home Network White Paper. (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distros of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Perth, Western Australia business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.