Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Perth organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Perth, Western Australia businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications might demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or edit the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and manage a modern security solution that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Perth, Western Australia organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.