Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Stamford organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Stamford, Connecticut businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX system to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy online access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or update their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that protects vital information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Stamford, Connecticut organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.