Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Stamford organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Stamford, Connecticut companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or revise their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a modern security environment that protects vital information in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to experts familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Stamford, Connecticut organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.