Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Stamford organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Stamford, Connecticut companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers often use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that protects critical data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Stamford, Connecticut company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.