Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Wichita organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Wichita, Kansas businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company phone system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that enables remote workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, manage and repair cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP environment. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables you to augment your current Help Desk Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your business to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects critical data in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts familiar with a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Wichita, Kansas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.