Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Wichita organization to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Wichita, Kansas businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits remote workers to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your current Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards vital data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Wichita, Kansas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.