Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Wichita organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Wichita, Kansas organizations to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate PBX system to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and provide online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your current Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
At-home workers often run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a modern security environment that guards sensitive information in IT networks that include remote workers.
Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your cybersecurity posture as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Wichita, Kansas company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.