Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Wichita organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Wichita, Kansas companies to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business processes may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to use GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables you to augment your current Help Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that protects sensitive data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Wichita, Kansas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.