Ransomware Hot Line: 800-462-8800
24x7 Remote Help from a Senior Ransomware Engineer
Ransomware needs time to work its way through a target network. Because of this, ransomware attacks are typically unleashed on weekends and at night, when support personnel may be slower to become aware of a breach and are least able to mount a quick and forceful response. The more lateral progress ransomware can make within a target's network, the more time it will require to recover core IT services and damaged files and the more information can be exfiltrated to the dark web.
Progent's Ransomware Hot Line is designed to assist you to carry out the time-critical first phase in responding to a ransomware attack by stopping the bleeding. Progent's online ransomware engineers can help organizations in the Corpus Christi metro area to locate and isolate infected devices and protect clean assets from being penetrated.
If your system has been penetrated by any version of ransomware, don't panic. Get help quickly by calling Progent's Ransomware Hot Line at 800-462-8800.
Progent's Ransomware Recovery Expertise Offered in Corpus Christi
Current strains of crypto-ransomware like Ryuk, Maze, Netwalker, and Egregor encrypt online data and invade any available backups. Files synched to the cloud can also be impacted. For a vulnerable network, this can make automated recovery almost impossible and basically throws the IT system back to the beginning. So-called Threat Actors, the cybercriminals responsible for ransomware attack, demand a settlement fee in exchange for the decryptors required to recover encrypted data. Ransomware assaults also attempt to exfiltrate information and hackers require an extra ransom in exchange for not publishing this data on the dark web. Even if you are able to rollback your system to an acceptable point in time, exfiltration can pose a major issue depending on the nature of the downloaded information.
The recovery work subsequent to ransomware attack involves a number of distinct phases, the majority of which can be performed in parallel if the recovery workgroup has a sufficient number of people with the necessary experience.
- Quarantine: This time-critical first step requires arresting the sideways spread of ransomware within your network. The more time a ransomware assault is permitted to run unrestricted, the more complex and more expensive the recovery process. Because of this, Progent keeps a round-the-clock Ransomware Hotline staffed by veteran ransomware recovery experts. Containment processes consist of cutting off affected endpoint devices from the network to minimize the spread, documenting the environment, and protecting entry points.
- Operational continuity: This covers restoring the IT system to a basic useful level of capability with the shortest possible delay. This process is typically the highest priority for the targets of the ransomware assault, who often see it as an existential issue for their business. This project also requires the broadest array of technical abilities that cover domain controllers, DHCP servers, physical and virtual servers, PCs, notebooks and smart phones, databases, productivity and line-of-business applications, network architecture, and protected endpoint access. Progent's recovery team uses advanced collaboration platforms to coordinate the complex restoration process. Progent understands the urgency of working quickly, continuously, and in unison with a customer's management and network support staff to prioritize tasks and to get vital services back online as quickly as possible.
- Data recovery: The effort required to restore files damaged by a ransomware assault depends on the condition of the systems, how many files are encrypted, and what recovery methods are needed. Ransomware assaults can destroy pivotal databases which, if not carefully closed, may need to be rebuilt from the beginning. This can apply to DNS and Active Directory databases. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server depend on Active Directory, and many ERP and other business-critical platforms are powered by SQL Server. Often some detective work could be required to find undamaged data. For instance, non-encrypted OST files may have survived on employees' desktop computers and laptops that were off line during the ransomware attack. Progent's Altaro VM Backup consultants can help you to deploy immutability for cloud object storage, enabling tamper-proof data while under the defined policy so that backup data cannot be modified or deleted by anyone including administrators. Immutable storage provides another level of security and restoration ability in case of a successful ransomware attack.
- Implementing modern AV/ransomware protection: Progent's ProSight ASM utilizes SentinelOne's behavioral analysis technology to offer small and medium-sized companies the benefits of the identical AV technology implemented by some of the world's largest corporations including Walmart, Visa, and Salesforce. By delivering real-time malware filtering, detection, containment, repair and analysis in one integrated platform, ProSight ASM cuts TCO, streamlines management, and promotes rapid recovery. SentinelOne's next-generation endpoint protection engine built into in Progent's ASM was listed by Gartner Group as the "most visionary Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)." Progent is a SentinelOne Partner, dealer, and integrator. Find out about Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring next-generation endpoint protection and ransomware defense with SentinelOne technology.
- Negotiating a settlement with the hacker Progent is experienced in negotiating ransom settlements with hackers. This calls for close co-operation with the victim and the insurance provider, if there is one. Activities include determining the kind of ransomware involved in the assault; identifying and establishing communications the hacker persona; testing decryption capabilities; deciding on a settlement amount with the victim and the insurance carrier; negotiating a settlement and timeline with the TA; checking compliance with anti-money laundering regulations; carrying out the crypto-currency transfer to the TA; receiving, reviewing, and using the decryption tool; troubleshooting failed files; creating a pristine environment; mapping and connecting drives to match precisely their pre-encryption condition; and reprovisioning machines and services.
- Forensics: This activity is aimed at discovering the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics entails the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent for Ransomware System Restoration Expertise in Corpus Christi
For ransomware system restoration consulting in the Corpus Christi metro area, phone Progent at 800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.