Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Chandler
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Chandler business can use Progent's forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as business continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires close cooperation with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound duplicates of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Chandler
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Chandler business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.