Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Chandler
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Chandler business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Chandler
To find out more about how Progent can help your Chandler organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.