Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Chandler
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Chandler business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires close interaction with the groups focused on file recovery and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Chandler
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Chandler business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.