Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Chandler
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Chandler organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights shortcomings in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Chandler
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Chandler organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.