Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Chattanooga
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Chattanooga organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to data restoration and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Create forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to close security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Chattanooga
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Chattanooga organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.