Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Chattanooga
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Chattanooga business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close interaction with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally infected system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Chattanooga
To find out more about how Progent can help your Chattanooga business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.