Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Chicago
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Chicago business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to identify any potential lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Chicago
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Chicago organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.