Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Los Angeles
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Los Angeles business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the teams responsible for data recovery and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Los Angeles
To learn more about how Progent can help your Los Angeles business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.