Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Los Angeles
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Los Angeles business can use Progent's forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps you to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key activities like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security experts with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the teams focused on data recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Los Angeles
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Los Angeles business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.