Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Los Angeles
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Los Angeles business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is essential that other key activities like business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every computer and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Los Angeles
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Los Angeles business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.