Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Dayton
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Dayton organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Dayton
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Dayton organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.