Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Garland
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Garland business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Garland
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Garland business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.