Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Garland
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Garland organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible sideways migration from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Garland
To learn more about how Progent can help your Garland business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.