Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Jundiaí
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Jundiaí business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate interaction with the groups focused on file recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce extensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Jundiaí
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Jundiaí organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.