Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Jundiaí
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Jundiaí business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights gaps in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is critical that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Jundiaí
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Jundiaí business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.