Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Jundiaí
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Jundiaí business can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other important activities such as operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Jundiaí
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Jundiaí business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.