Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Jundiaí
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Jundiaí business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data restoration and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Create forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Jundiaí
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Jundiaí business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.