Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Jundiaí
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Jundiaí organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or processes that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every machine and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Jundiaí
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Jundiaí organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.