Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Jundiaí
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Jundiaí business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Jundiaí
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Jundiaí business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.