Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Albany
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Albany business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Albany
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Albany business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.