Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Albany
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Albany organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires close interaction with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Albany
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Albany organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.