Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Albany
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Albany organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires close interaction with the groups assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Albany
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Albany business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.