Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Austin
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Austin business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in rules or processes that need to be rectified to avoid future breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine every computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Austin
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Austin organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.