Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Austin
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Austin business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights gaps in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect changes.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways migration from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Austin
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Austin business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.