Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Austin
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Austin organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Austin
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Austin organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.