Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Montreal
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Montreal organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the groups assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to guard backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Montreal
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Montreal business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.