Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Montreal
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting activity required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Montreal business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and uncovers weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent maintains a large team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Montreal
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Montreal organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.