Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Anchorage
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Anchorage organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires close cooperation with the teams assigned to data cleanup and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Anchorage
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Anchorage business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.