Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Anchorage
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Anchorage organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires close cooperation with the groups focused on file restoration and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to guard backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Anchorage
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Anchorage organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.