Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Oxford
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Oxford organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for data recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Oxford
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Oxford business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.