Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Oxford
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Oxford business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and uncovers vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and security professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Oxford
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Oxford organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.