Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Oxford
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Oxford business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for close interaction with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate URLs from messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Oxford
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Oxford organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.