Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Cabo Frio
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Cabo Frio organization can use Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to evaluate the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics can involve the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to guard backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each computer and storage device on the network including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Cabo Frio
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Cabo Frio business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.