Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Cabo Frio
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Cabo Frio organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights weaknesses in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Cabo Frio
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Cabo Frio business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.