Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Cabo Frio
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Cabo Frio organization can utilize Progent's forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups assigned to data restoration and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP software. This breadth of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Cabo Frio
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Cabo Frio business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.