Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Cabo Frio
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Cabo Frio business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically complete digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Cabo Frio
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Cabo Frio organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.