Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Morgan Hill
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Morgan Hill business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on data cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to secure backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Morgan Hill
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Morgan Hill organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.