Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Morgan Hill
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Morgan Hill business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light shortcomings in rules or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file recovery and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting off all potentially suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to protect backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Morgan Hill
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Morgan Hill organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.