Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Morgan Hill
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Morgan Hill business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible lateral migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This scope of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Morgan Hill
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Morgan Hill business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.