Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Oakland
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Oakland organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security experts with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect backups.
- Copy forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to establish the timeline of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Oakland
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Oakland business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.