Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Oakland
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding activity required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Oakland organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as business resumption are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Determine the version of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Oakland
To find out more about how Progent can assist your Oakland business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.