Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Oakland
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Oakland business can utilize Progent's forensics documentation to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and security experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires close interaction with the groups responsible for file recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in core technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Oakland
To find out more about how Progent can help your Oakland business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.