Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Valencia
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes required for operational continuity and data restoration. Your Valencia organization can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a top priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important activities like business continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on data recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically sound digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Produce extensive incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Valencia
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Valencia business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.