Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Valencia
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Valencia business can use Progent's forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network assists your IT staff to assess the impact and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important activities such as operational resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is arduous and calls for close interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Survey every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to identify any potential sideways movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Valencia
To learn more about how Progent can assist your Valencia organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.