Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Valencia
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Valencia organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, validate the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires close interaction with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Valencia
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Valencia business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.