Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Valencia
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for business continuity and data recovery. Your Valencia business can utilize Progent's forensics report to block future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities such as business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for intimate interaction with the teams assigned to data cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Preserve forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so your data recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide detailed incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up security gaps and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Valencia
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Valencia business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.