Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Monterey
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for operational resumption and data recovery. Your Monterey organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light weaknesses in policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key activities like business continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires close cooperation with the groups assigned to data recovery and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to secure your backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all exposed devices so the data recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine every machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP application software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Monterey
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Monterey business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.