Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Ontario
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Ontario business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in policies or processes that should be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes like operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the teams focused on file cleanup and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all possibly impacted devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the data recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each machine and storage device on the network including cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to identify any possible lateral migration from the first compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide detailed incident documentation to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Ontario
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Ontario organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.