Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Ottawa
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Ottawa business can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and brings to light gaps in security policies or processes that need to be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is typically given a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other key recovery processes like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to perform activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to look for variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any potential sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Ottawa
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Ottawa business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.