Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Spartanburg
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without impeding activity required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Spartanburg business can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's progress throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensic analysis is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of information technology and data security experts with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the system. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways migration from the originally infected machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services across the United States for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Spartanburg
To find out more information about ways Progent can assist your Spartanburg business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.