Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Spartanburg
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Spartanburg organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complex and requires intimate interaction with the teams assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first infected system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Spartanburg
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Spartanburg business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.