Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Spartanburg
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity related to operational continuity and data recovery. Your Spartanburg business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to protect backups.
- Create forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged parts of your network after a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Spartanburg
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Spartanburg business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or see Contact Progent.