Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Stamford
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Stamford business can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or work habits that should be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities such as business resumption are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the skills required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard your backups.
- Capture forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine every machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any possible lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malware
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a viable network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist organizations recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Stamford
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Stamford business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.