Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Stamford
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Stamford business can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often required by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as business resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so the data recovery team can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Review logs and user sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to identify any possible lateral movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance requirements
- Suggest recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Stamford
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Stamford organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.