Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Stamford
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Stamford organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory mandates.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the impact and uncovers gaps in security policies or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities like operational continuity are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large team of information technology and security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the teams responsible for data recovery and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically involve the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all potentially affected devices from the network. This can require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions to determine the timeline of the attack and to spot any possible lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises IT services across the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Stamford
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Stamford organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.