Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Fort Wayne
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Fort Wayne business can utilize Progent's forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams focused on file recovery and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and configuring 2FA to guard backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each machine and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered remote and onsite IT services across the United States for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Fort Wayne
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Fort Wayne business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.