Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Fort Wayne
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without impeding the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Fort Wayne business can use Progent's forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network assists your IT staff to evaluate the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to prevent future breaches. Forensics is typically given a top priority by the insurance provider and is often required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other key activities such as operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and security professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires close cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to look for variations.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Create forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so your file recovery group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every machine and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and enforce processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and ERP application software. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving parts of your network after a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance carriers including Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Fort Wayne
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Fort Wayne business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.