Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Fort Wayne
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Fort Wayne organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light weaknesses in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has a large roster of information technology and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the groups focused on file cleanup and, if needed, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting down all potentially suspect devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete digital images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and other key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that lower the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Fort Wayne
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Fort Wayne business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.