Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Huntington Beach
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware assault and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Huntington Beach business can utilize Progent's forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network assists you to assess the impact and highlights shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to prevent later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is vital that other key activities like operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent has a large team of information technology and security experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out the work of containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and requires intimate cooperation with the groups focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect but avoid shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to guard backups.
- Capture forensically sound digital images of all exposed devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey every computer and storage device on the system as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine whether they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Huntington Beach
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Huntington Beach organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.