Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Huntington Beach
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics analysis without interfering with activity required for operational resumption and data restoration. Your Huntington Beach organization can use Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics report to counter future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network assists you to assess the damage and uncovers vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like operational resumption are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and requires intimate interaction with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Disconnect without shutting off all potentially affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to secure your backups.
- Capture forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey every computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the originally infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide comprehensive attack reporting to meet your insurance and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity vulnerabilities and enforce workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for over two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system after a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Huntington Beach
To learn more information about ways Progent can assist your Huntington Beach business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.