Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Niterói
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Niterói organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis involves tracking and describing the ransomware attack's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed through the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights gaps in rules or processes that need to be rectified to prevent future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually given a high priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and security experts with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for data cleanup and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the network. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to secure backups.
- Copy forensically complete duplicates of all suspect devices so your data recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect each computer and data store on the network including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite IT services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Niterói
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Niterói organization with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.