Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Niterói
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without disrupting activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Niterói organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights weaknesses in policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance provider and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes like business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of information technology and cybersecurity professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for close interaction with the teams focused on data restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically require the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect variations.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all potentially impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically valid digital images of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Inspect each machine and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Suggest recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes consultants who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers including Chubb to help organizations recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Expertise in Niterói
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Niterói business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.