Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Niterói
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Niterói organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics report to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault progressed through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers weaknesses in security policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid later breaches. Forensic analysis is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important activities such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for anomalies.
Activities associated with forensics include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery group can proceed
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional critical logs as soon as possible
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Inspect every machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze email attachments
- Extract any URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Provide extensive incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered online and on-premises IT services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in foundation technologies such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them quickly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with leading insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Niterói
To find out more about how Progent can help your Niterói business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.