Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Niterói
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to operational continuity and data restoration. Your Niterói business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often required by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform the work of containment, business continuity, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for close cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if necessary, payment talks with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics typically require the review of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics analysis include:
- Disconnect without shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each computer and storage device on the network as well as cloud storage for indications of encryption
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways movement from the first compromised machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Produce detailed incident documentation to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Document recommendations to close security gaps and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This scope of expertise gives Progent the ability to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Niterói
To learn more about ways Progent can help your Niterói business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.