Overview of Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Rio de Janeiro
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics analysis without slowing down activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Rio de Janeiro business can use Progent's ransomware forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the restoration of lost data, and comply with insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at tracking and documenting the ransomware attack's storyline across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and uncovers shortcomings in policies or processes that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is essential that other key recovery processes such as business continuity are executed concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security experts with the skills required to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is time consuming and requires close interaction with the teams assigned to file restoration and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach but avoid shutting down all possibly affected devices from the network. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet facing network-attached storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to guard your backups.
- Preserve forensically sound images of all suspect devices so the file restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as soon as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Survey each computer and data store on the system including cloud storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Study logs and user sessions to determine the time frame of the assault and to identify any possible sideways migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Provide comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommendations to close security vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided remote and on-premises IT services throughout the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned internationally recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has guidance in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware intrusion and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Rio de Janeiro
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Rio de Janeiro business with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.