Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Rio de Janeiro
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down activity related to business continuity and data recovery. Your Rio de Janeiro business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics report to block future ransomware assaults, assist in the recovery of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by state and industry regulations. Because forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, business resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is arduous and requires close interaction with the groups focused on data restoration and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware hacker. forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically valid duplicates of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as feasible
- Establish the variety of ransomware used in the assault
- Examine each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for indications of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the timeline of the assault and to spot any possible lateral migration from the originally compromised machine
- Understand the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables associated with the first encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance requirements
- Document recommended improvements to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and on-premises IT services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technologies including Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial and ERP applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and integrate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them quickly into an operational system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Expertise in Rio de Janeiro
To learn more information about how Progent can help your Rio de Janeiro organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.