Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Rio de Janeiro
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can capture the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Rio de Janeiro organization can use Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat subsequent ransomware attacks, validate the recovery of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves discovering and describing the ransomware attack's storyline throughout the network from start to finish. This audit trail of the way a ransomware attack travelled through the network helps you to evaluate the impact and brings to light gaps in policies or work habits that need to be corrected to avoid future breaches. Forensics is usually assigned a top priority by the insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as business resumption are performed concurrently. Progent has an extensive team of IT and data security experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file cleanup and, if needed, payment discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). Ransomware forensics can require the review of logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics analysis include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the network. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as soon as feasible
- Establish the strain of ransomware used in the assault
- Inspect every computer and storage device on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions to establish the time frame of the attack and to identify any possible sideways movement from the first infected system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze email attachments
- Separate any URLs from email messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to shore up cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the U.S. for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of subject matter experts includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them quickly into an operational system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Rio de Janeiro
To find out more about ways Progent can help your Rio de Janeiro organization with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.