Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting in Roseville
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Roseville organization can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from start to finish. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled through the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in rules or processes that should be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can be time consuming, it is vital that other important recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of information technology and data security experts with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and requires intimate cooperation with the teams responsible for data cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for changes.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to guard backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your file recovery group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Establish the strain of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each machine and data store on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Study logs and sessions to determine the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible sideways migration from the originally infected system
- Understand the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware attack
- Look for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs from email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Provide detailed attack reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to close security gaps and improve workflows that reduce the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite IT services throughout the U.S. for over 20 years and has earned Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of SMEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major distributions of Linux. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and CRISC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This broad array of skills allows Progent to salvage and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment after a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Roseville
To learn more information about ways Progent can help your Roseville business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.