Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting in Roseville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without slowing down the processes required for business continuity and data restoration. Your Roseville business can utilize Progent's post-attack forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the restoration of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware assault's storyline throughout the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to assess the impact and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later break-ins. Forensic analysis is usually assigned a high priority by the cyber insurance provider and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important activities like operational continuity are executed concurrently. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills required to perform the work of containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the teams responsible for file recovery and, if necessary, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to look for anomalies.
Activities involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly impacted devices from the system. This can require closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to secure backups.
- Copy forensically complete images of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Save firewall, VPN, and other critical logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each computer and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review logs and user sessions in order to establish the timeline of the ransomware attack and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Analyze attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided online and onsite IT services across the U.S. for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of subject matter experts (SBEs) includes professionals who have earned high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms including Cisco infrastructure, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's data security consultants have earned prestigious certifications such as CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers top-tier support in financial management and ERP application software. This scope of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Roseville
To find out more about how Progent can help your Roseville business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.