Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting Services in Roseville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without interfering with the processes related to business resumption and data recovery. Your Roseville business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block subsequent ransomware assaults, validate the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics analysis is aimed at determining and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network assists you to assess the impact and brings to light gaps in rules or work habits that need to be rectified to prevent later breaches. Forensics is typically given a high priority by the insurance provider and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued in parallel. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the skills needed to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and requires intimate interaction with the groups focused on data cleanup and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. forensics typically require the examination of logs, registry, Group Policy Object, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and basic Windows systems to detect changes.
Services involved with forensics include:
- Detach without shutting down all potentially affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all RDP ports and Internet facing NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and setting up 2FA to protect backups.
- Capture forensically valid digital images of all suspect devices so the file restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the strain of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine each computer and data store on the network as well as cloud storage for signs of compromise
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study logs and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware attack and to identify any potential lateral migration from the first compromised system
- Identify the security gaps used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Search for new executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract any URLs embedded in email messages and determine if they are malware
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and enforce processes that lower the exposure to a future ransomware breach
Progent has delivered online and onsite network services across the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes consultants who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISA, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (See certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and ERP applications. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to salvage and consolidate the surviving pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and rebuild them rapidly into a functioning system. Progent has worked with top insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Roseville
To find out more information about how Progent can assist your Roseville business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.