Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Roseville
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and carry out a detailed forensics analysis without impeding the processes related to business continuity and data restoration. Your Roseville organization can use Progent's forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of lost data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves discovering and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the network from beginning to end. This audit trail of the way a ransomware assault travelled through the network assists you to evaluate the damage and highlights vulnerabilities in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid future break-ins. Forensic analysis is commonly assigned a top priority by the insurance carrier and is typically required by state and industry regulations. Since forensic analysis can take time, it is essential that other important recovery processes like business resumption are performed in parallel. Progent has an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to perform the work of containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is arduous and calls for intimate interaction with the groups responsible for data restoration and, if necessary, payment negotiation with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Activities associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the system. This can involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to guard your backups.
- Copy forensically sound duplicates of all exposed devices so your data restoration group can get started
- Preserve firewall, virtual private network, and additional key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the type of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the attack and to spot any possible lateral movement from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps exploited to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommendations to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and on-premises network services throughout the United States for more than 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SMEs includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to certifications earned by Progent consultants). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP software. This broad array of expertise gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your network following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers including Chubb to help organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Analysis Services in Roseville
To learn more information about how Progent can assist your Roseville business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.