Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Roseville
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without interfering with activity related to operational resumption and data recovery. Your Roseville organization can utilize Progent's post-attack ransomware forensics documentation to combat future ransomware attacks, validate the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at discovering and documenting the ransomware attack's progress across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware assault travelled within the network helps you to assess the damage and brings to light vulnerabilities in security policies or work habits that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is commonly given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by state and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key recovery processes such as operational resumption are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains an extensive roster of IT and data security professionals with the skills needed to carry out the work of containment, business resumption, and data recovery without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics is complicated and calls for close cooperation with the teams focused on data restoration and, if needed, settlement negotiation with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory (AD), DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and basic Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting off all possibly affected devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring 2FA to secure backups.
- Create forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the kind of ransomware involved in the assault
- Examine every computer and storage device on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Determine the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions to establish the time frame of the ransomware assault and to identify any potential sideways movement from the originally infected system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware attack
- Look for the creation of executables associated with the original encrypted files or network compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine email attachments
- Separate any URLs from messages and check to see if they are malicious
- Produce comprehensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to close security gaps and enforce processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and onsite network services across the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SMEs includes consultants who have earned high-level certifications in core technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and ERP software. This scope of skills allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged parts of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has worked with leading cyber insurance carriers like Chubb to assist businesses clean up after ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Roseville
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Roseville business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.