Progent's Ransomware Forensics and Reporting Services in Santos
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can preserve the system state after a ransomware attack and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes required for business resumption and data restoration. Your Santos organization can use Progent's post-attack forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance carrier and governmental mandates.
Ransomware forensics investigation involves determining and describing the ransomware assault's progress throughout the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps your IT staff to evaluate the impact and uncovers weaknesses in rules or processes that should be corrected to prevent later break-ins. Forensics is usually given a high priority by the insurance carrier and is typically mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is vital that other key activities like operational continuity are executed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of information technology and data security professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to perform activities for containment, operational continuity, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is complex and requires intimate cooperation with the groups responsible for file restoration and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware Threat Actor. Ransomware forensics can involve the examination of all logs, registry, GPO, Active Directory, DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to detect anomalies.
Services associated with forensics include:
- Isolate but avoid shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may involve closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and implementing 2FA to protect your backups.
- Preserve forensically complete images of all suspect devices so your data restoration group can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as soon as feasible
- Identify the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Examine each machine and storage device on the system including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the assault
- Study log activity and user sessions to determine the timeline of the assault and to spot any potential lateral movement from the first infected machine
- Identify the security gaps used to carry out the ransomware attack
- Search for new executables surrounding the first encrypted files or system breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Analyze attachments
- Extract URLs from messages and determine whether they are malicious
- Produce extensive incident reporting to meet your insurance carrier and compliance regulations
- Suggest recommended improvements to close cybersecurity gaps and improve workflows that lower the risk of a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's team of subject matter experts includes professionals who have earned advanced certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned internationally recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning software. This breadth of skills gives Progent the ability to salvage and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and rebuild them rapidly into a viable system. Progent has collaborated with leading insurance carriers like Chubb to help businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Investigation Services in Santos
To learn more about how Progent can help your Santos organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.