Progent's Ransomware Forensics Analysis and Reporting in Santos
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the system state after a ransomware assault and perform a detailed forensics investigation without disrupting the processes related to business resumption and data restoration. Your Santos business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to block future ransomware attacks, assist in the recovery of lost data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics investigation is aimed at discovering and describing the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This history of how a ransomware attack progressed within the network helps you to assess the damage and highlights shortcomings in security policies or work habits that should be corrected to avoid future break-ins. Forensics is typically assigned a high priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other important recovery processes such as operational continuity are pursued concurrently. Progent maintains a large roster of IT and cybersecurity experts with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business resumption, and data restoration without disrupting forensics.
Ransomware forensics investigation is complex and calls for intimate interaction with the teams responsible for file cleanup and, if necessary, settlement discussions with the ransomware Threat Actor (TA). forensics typically involve the examination of all logs, registry, Group Policy Object (GPO), Active Directory (AD), DNS, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for variations.
Services involved with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all potentially impacted devices from the system. This may require closing all RDP ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user PWs, and implementing two-factor authentication to protect your backups.
- Capture forensically sound images of all exposed devices so your file recovery team can proceed
- Save firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Determine the variety of ransomware involved in the assault
- Survey each machine and data store on the network including cloud storage for indications of compromise
- Inventory all encrypted devices
- Establish the type of ransomware involved in the attack
- Review log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to spot any potential sideways movement from the first infected machine
- Understand the attack vectors used to perpetrate the ransomware assault
- Look for new executables surrounding the original encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine email attachments
- Separate URLs embedded in messages and check to see if they are malware
- Provide extensive attack documentation to meet your insurance carrier and compliance mandates
- Document recommended improvements to shore up security vulnerabilities and improve workflows that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has delivered remote and onsite network services throughout the U.S. for over two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity competencies. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded advanced certifications in core technologies including Cisco networking, VMware virtualization, and major Linux distros. Progent's data security consultants have earned industry-recognized certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also has top-tier support in financial management and Enterprise Resource Planning application software. This breadth of expertise allows Progent to identify and consolidate the undamaged pieces of your information system following a ransomware attack and reconstruct them rapidly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with leading cyber insurance providers including Chubb to assist organizations clean up after ransomware assaults.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Santos
To find out more information about ways Progent can help your Santos business with ransomware forensics analysis, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.