Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Springfield
Progent's ransomware forensics experts can save the evidence of a ransomware attack and perform a comprehensive forensics investigation without slowing down the processes related to operational resumption and data restoration. Your Springfield business can use Progent's forensics report to counter subsequent ransomware attacks, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and comply with insurance carrier and regulatory reporting requirements.
Ransomware forensics involves tracking and documenting the ransomware assault's storyline across the targeted network from beginning to end. This audit trail of how a ransomware attack travelled within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and highlights shortcomings in rules or processes that need to be corrected to prevent later breaches. Forensics is commonly given a top priority by the insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Because forensics can be time consuming, it is critical that other important activities such as business continuity are performed in parallel. Progent has a large team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience required to carry out activities for containment, business continuity, and data recovery without disrupting forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics is time consuming and calls for intimate cooperation with the teams assigned to data recovery and, if needed, payment talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically involve the examination of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, schedulers, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Activities associated with forensics analysis include:
- Isolate without shutting down all possibly suspect devices from the network. This can involve closing all RDP ports and Internet connected network-attached storage, changing admin credentials and user PWs, and setting up 2FA to protect your backups.
- Create forensically valid duplicates of all exposed devices so the file recovery team can proceed
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and other key logs as quickly as possible
- Identify the variety of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect every computer and data store on the system including cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all compromised devices
- Establish the type of ransomware used in the attack
- Study log activity and sessions in order to establish the time frame of the assault and to identify any potential lateral movement from the originally compromised system
- Identify the security gaps exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Search for the creation of executables surrounding the original encrypted files or system compromise
- Parse Outlook web archives
- Examine attachments
- Separate any URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malware
- Provide detailed incident reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance regulations
- List recommendations to shore up cybersecurity gaps and improve processes that lower the risk of a future ransomware breach
Progent has provided remote and onsite network services across the U.S. for more than two decades and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner certification in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's team of subject matter experts (SMEs) includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in core technologies such as Cisco networking, VMware, and popular distributions of Linux. Progent's cybersecurity experts have earned prestigious certifications including CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, and CRISC. (See Progent's certifications). Progent also has guidance in financial and Enterprise Resource Planning applications. This broad array of skills gives Progent the ability to identify and consolidate the surviving parts of your IT environment after a ransomware assault and reconstruct them rapidly into a viable network. Progent has collaborated with top cyber insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Services in Springfield
To learn more about ways Progent can assist your Springfield organization with ransomware forensics investigation, call 1-800-462-8800 or see Contact Progent.