Progent's Ransomware Forensics Investigation and Reporting Services in Springfield
Progent's ransomware forensics consultants can preserve the evidence of a ransomware attack and carry out a comprehensive forensics investigation without impeding activity required for operational continuity and data recovery. Your Springfield business can utilize Progent's ransomware forensics documentation to counter subsequent ransomware assaults, assist in the cleanup of encrypted data, and meet insurance and regulatory requirements.
Ransomware forensics is aimed at tracking and describing the ransomware attack's storyline across the network from start to finish. This history of the way a ransomware assault progressed within the network helps you to evaluate the damage and brings to light shortcomings in security policies or processes that should be rectified to avoid later breaches. Forensics is typically assigned a top priority by the cyber insurance carrier and is often mandated by government and industry regulations. Since forensics can take time, it is critical that other key recovery processes such as operational continuity are performed in parallel. Progent maintains an extensive team of IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and experience needed to carry out the work of containment, operational resumption, and data recovery without interfering with forensic analysis.
Ransomware forensics analysis is time consuming and calls for intimate interaction with the groups assigned to file cleanup and, if needed, settlement talks with the ransomware hacker. Ransomware forensics typically require the review of logs, registry, GPO, AD, DNS servers, routers, firewalls, scheduled tasks, and core Windows systems to check for changes.
Services associated with forensics investigation include:
- Detach without shutting off all possibly suspect devices from the network. This may require closing all Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) ports and Internet connected NAS storage, modifying admin credentials and user passwords, and configuring two-factor authentication to protect backups.
- Copy forensically valid images of all suspect devices so your data restoration team can get started
- Preserve firewall, VPN, and additional key logs as soon as possible
- Identify the version of ransomware involved in the attack
- Inspect each machine and data store on the network as well as cloud-hosted storage for signs of encryption
- Catalog all encrypted devices
- Determine the kind of ransomware used in the assault
- Review log activity and user sessions in order to determine the timeline of the ransomware assault and to spot any potential sideways migration from the originally compromised system
- Identify the attack vectors exploited to carry out the ransomware assault
- Look for the creation of executables surrounding the first encrypted files or network breach
- Parse Outlook PST files
- Examine attachments
- Extract URLs embedded in messages and check to see whether they are malicious
- Produce detailed attack reporting to satisfy your insurance and compliance mandates
- List recommendations to close cybersecurity vulnerabilities and improve processes that reduce the exposure to a future ransomware exploit
Progent has provided online and on-premises network services throughout the United States for over 20 years and has been awarded Microsoft's Gold Partner designation in the Datacenter and Cloud Productivity practice areas. Progent's roster of SBEs includes professionals who have been awarded high-level certifications in foundation technology platforms such as Cisco infrastructure, VMware virtualization, and popular Linux distros. Progent's data security experts have earned prestigious certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC. (Refer to Progent's certifications). Progent also offers guidance in financial management and ERP applications. This broad array of expertise allows Progent to identify and integrate the undamaged pieces of your IT environment following a ransomware assault and rebuild them quickly into an operational network. Progent has collaborated with top insurance providers like Chubb to assist businesses recover from ransomware attacks.
Contact Progent about Ransomware Forensics Expertise in Springfield
To find out more information about how Progent can help your Springfield business with ransomware forensics, call 1-800-462-8800 or visit Contact Progent.